Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Java or Decaff?




I have to confess that I am not very computer savvy. Having GC's Webmaster who is a Geek Squad rolled in one, I never really had to install any sofisticated updates, battle computer viruses or decipher code. I can muddle along Sun Java installation or even conquer a Microsoft Java Virtual Machine, but only under duress. So when webmaster said that we will have most of Gamecolony popular games as a Java-free option, I was elated. I call them decaff because although they do not make your heart race in that caffeinated can-I -handle-this-tech-issue sort of way, they still offer all the satisfaction of coffee. Even better, they can be faster and prettier than the Java-version games.




So now we have Backgammon for Windows available at http://www.gamecolony.com/gcbg.shtml




and Gin for Windows available at http://www.gamecolony.com/gcbg_ginrummy.shtml.




Cribbage for Windows is coming very soon.




All you have to do is go to the above link for each game and click 'Download Game' button. I promise, within 3 minutes you will be happily playing gin rummy or backgammon. You will not have to sweat through Java isntallations, call tech support or anything else.




Enjoy!